Ceramic Tile Care Guide
Although glazed ceramic tile requires less floor care than most of the other flooring types, there are still necessary steps to maintain the beauty of the ceramic tile floor.
- Wash Regularly - Wash the floor regularly to remove any dirt or grit. Use a mild, diluted detergent solution, such as Mr. Clean or Spic & Span. If in doubt, call us to get the tile manufacturer's cleaning recommendations.
- Vacuum Regularly - Sweep or vacuum your glazed tile regularly.
- Avoid Ammonia-based Cleaners - Ammonia-based cleaners may discolor some types of colored grout.
- Always Rinse - After washing with a mild detergent, you should thoroughly rinse the floor with clean, warm water.
- Never Wax a Tile - The glazed ceramic finish should never be waxed.
- Wipe Spills Immediately - If some liquids gets spilled on the floor you may use an all-purpose cleaner like Fantastic or Top Job to clean up the effected area. This will help the grout joints from becoming discolored from spills. Non-epoxy grout joints should be treated with a silicone sealer twice a year to ensure stain protection.